Enrollment in university studies (bachelor’s, master’s, doctorate) and postgraduate studies in the medical field (residency)
Foreign citizens from EU third countries are enrolled in university studies in Romanian after graduating the preparatory year, in which they acquire the necessary language skills, as well as specific knowledge, in correlation with the profile of future training (anatomy, physics, chemistry, technical drawing, etc.).
The duration of the preparatory course for pre-university studies and for undergraduate studies is 1 school / academic year, and for master’s, doctoral and postgraduate studies for residency is at least 6 months.
| Universities that organize the preparatory year for learning Romanian language
The categories of persons exempted from the obligation to present the graduation certificate of the preparatory year, when enrolling in study programs with teaching in Romanian:
- Persons who present Romanian study documents (diplomas and certificates) or study documents, school situations attesting at least four consecutive years of studies followed in a school unit from the Romanian national system;
- Those who, in order to enroll in pre-university education (except for primary education), pass the Romanian language test, following the examination by a commission composed of the school / high school principal and two Romanian language teachers
- Those who, in order to enroll in university education, pass the Romanian language test, following the examination by a specialized commission composed of teachers with at least the teaching position of lecturer. The examination can be done in the higher education institution where the candidate wishes to study, if this higher education institution carries out a specialization / study program of Romanian language and literature provisionally authorized or accredited, or in another accredited higher education institution that carries out such a specialization / study program. Following this examination, a Certificate of Linguistic Competence will be issued.
Studies in foreign languages
An the study programs in which the teaching process takes place in foreign languages, the admission is conditioned by the promotion of a test of linguistic knowledge. Exempted from this test are persons who come from countries where the official language of the state is the language in which the courses are conducted and who prove, with school documents, that they have taken the courses in that language.
- Application for the issuance of the Letter of Acceptance to study (ANNEX no. 2), in two copies;
- The study certificate – copy and legalized translation – which qualifies the person in question for the respective form of education (baccalaureate diploma, bachelor’s degree, master’s degree or their equivalent);
- Registration sheets – copies and legalized translations – related to the studies performed and the analytical program, in the case of candidates requesting the recognition of periods of study;
- Graduation diploma of the preparatory year or Certificate of linguistic competence, as the case may be;
- Birth certificate – legalized copy and translation;
- Copy of passport;
- The medical certificate (in an international language) stating that the person to be enrolled in the studies does not suffer from contagious diseases or other diseases incompatible with the future profession.
Be aware! This year, according to admission methodology of UNAGE Iasi (links provided below), the file will be sent in electronic format until obtaining the results of the online admission and will be presented in original at the enrollment in the university.
Candidates send the files directly to the accredited or provisionally authorized higher education institutions for which they opt, as in the Ministry of Education and Research order OMEC no. 4151 from 24.04.2020, which modifies the order OMEN no. 3473 from 17.03.2017.
The higher education institutions evaluate the files according to the regulations in force and communicate to MEN – DGRIAE the list of persons proposed for issuing the letter of acceptance.
The MEN sends the letters of acceptance to studies to the higher education institution and, as the case may be, to the diplomatic missions, in both hard and electronic copy.
Enrollment for bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral studies is made according to the calendar established by the higher education institution, until the end of the first semester of the academic year for which the approval was issued, according to the legislation in force.
Upon registration, the candidates will present the documents from the Application File, in original, signed for authentication by the Romanian Embassy in the issuing country or apostille Hague, as the case may be, together with the Letter of Acceptance for Studies and the passport with valid visa for “studies”.
The minimum amount of tuition fees for foreign nationals from third countries is provided in Government Ordinance no. 22/2009 on establishing the minimum amount of tuition fees, in foreign currency, of citizens studying on their own in Romania, from states that are not members of the European Union, as well as from those that are not part of the European Economic Area and the Confederation Swiss, approved with amendments by Law no. 1/2010.
Based on these, UNAGE Iasi set their own tuition fees:
Undergraduate and master level: 420 euro/ month – for all art specializations excluding Music performing and Theatre; 750 euro / month for Music performing and Theatre;
Doctoral level: 440 euro/ month – for all art specializations excluding Music performing and Theatre; 770 euro/ month for Music performing and Theatre; 970 euro/month for Film.
Scholarships granted by MEN based on Government Decision no. 288/1993 on the schooling in Romania of citizens from other countries, republished, with subsequent amendments and Law no. 1/2011, with subsequent amendments and completions
Organizing and conducting the contest
Each accredited higher education institution that educates students from EU third countries (except Moldovan citizens, Romanian foreign nationals and Romanian citizens residing abroad) enrolled in fee-paying places (in accordance with the provisions of Law no. 1/2010), with outstanding professional and scientific results, will submit to MEN – DGRIAE:
- maximum 6 application files;
- the official address, signed by the rector of the educational institution;
- the centralizer that contains the ranking of candidates, in descending order of averages.
- the school situation for each year of study (except the preparatory year), for candidates who request the continuation of undergraduate studies;
- copy of the bachelor’s degree and the diploma supplement (transcript) or, a certificate showing the school situation for all years of study and the results obtained at the bachelor’s exam (for 2016 graduates), for candidates requesting the continuation of master’s degree studies, doctorate or postgraduate studies of residency, specialization (medical field), as appropriate;
- curriculum vitae, list of scientific papers, specialized publications, papers, recommendations from at least two university teachers or specialists in the field – for candidates for doctoral studies;
- legalized copy of the birth certificate;
- copy of passport;
- copy of the residence permit in Romania.
The senates of accredited higher education institutions will establish the criteria on the basis of which the nominations are formulated and will bring them to the attention of potential candidates by posting them on the official website of each higher education institution.
The nominal list of nominations will be approved by the Senate of the accredited higher education institution and will be posted on the official website.
The nominal list and the electronic format files of the candidates will be submitted to MEN – DGRIAE through platforms and other online means.
Conditions for participation
Students, foreign citizens (except those in a final year) who have completed at least one year of studies (outside the preparatory year) in a state-accredited higher education institution in Romania and have obtained the average can apply. minimum 8.00 and foreign national graduates of accredited state universities who obtained an overall average of at least 8.00.
Selection of candidates
Scholarships are awarded in descending order of averages, selecting the first applications from each university, within the number of grants available and taking into account a balanced distribution by universities and, within them, by fields of study.
If two candidates have the same average, the tie will be made according to the study cycle, the priority being, in order, the candidate from the doctoral, master’s and, finally, bachelor’s degree cycle.
A candidate declared admitted can benefit from funding from the budget for a single cycle of studies, a second study program can be followed only with a fee in foreign currency.
Condition for keeping the scholarship
The beneficiary of a study grant which, at the end of the academic year, does not achieve the number of 60 credits, loses the quality of scholarship holder of the Romanian state. Otherwise, further studies can be done for a fee in foreign currency.
“George Enescu” National University of Arts
Cuza Voda Street no. 29, Iasi
Phone. +40 232 212549