The Multidisciplinary Research Institute in Art of “George Enescu” National University of Arts (ICMA UNAGE) in Iasi aims to develop at an excellence level the scientific research in the university and, at the same time, to become a valuable and constant partner of the research networks in the country and abroad.
In the spirit of UNAGE’s specific multidisciplinarity, ICMA aims to capitalize on the full human and patrimonial potential of the university through pluri and interdisciplinary research activities; to develop regional, national, and international partnerships aimed at supporting scientific research relevant to the academic, economic, and social environment.
ICMA UNAGE promotes excellence in research and innovation; supports the principles and norms of professional ethics in the academic Community; promotes freedom of expression, justice, equity, non-discrimination, and equal opportunities; respects and supports intellectual property rights.
ICMA UNAGE has a dual role: catalyst of the research activities in research centers on specific fields within the university and developer of pluri and interdisciplinary projects to diversify and increase the quality of scientific research at institutional level. Actions to achieve the central objective through specific objectives:
- Identifying and promoting research topics in the university that meet the quality requirements established by the Scientific Research Strategy of UNAGE.
- Launching research topics that will confer a competitive advantage to UNAGE in the field of scientific research in the country and abroad.
- Supports the training and promotion of existing human resources, in parallel with the recruitment from the country and/or from abroad of well-known researchers to complement the research teams.
- Ensuring consistent, regular, and predictable administrative, logistical, and financial support. Thematic research areas:
- Artistic creation
- Artistic interpretation
- Psychology of the artist and of the artistic performance
- Educational policies on differentiating and customizing the curriculum for young people with high potential for artistic performance
- Information and communication technologies in the field of artistic education
- Art pedagogy in comparative approaches
- Evaluation of artistic education and performance
- Inter/trans/cultural dimensions of artistic education
- Art as a means for mediation and Community action
Here you can find more details about the scientific research and artistic creation projects and about the institutional development projects carried out by “George Enescu” National University of Arts. Web: icma.arteiasi.ro